Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Games and Learning: A few thoughts about a game I played


I usually shy away from games and prefer to watch movies, instead.
I started playing a driving game, just to experience the feelings and emotions that accompany the activity. Although, after failing to make a successful turn, after about ten tries,  I gave up.
I think, what's important is to help the learner win and make sure games are positive experiences for learners, as there is an underlying "learning" they have to go through anyway. It's like hiding "nutritive value" in a "sugary sweet snack".
Although, the student should be aware of the intention of the game - to learn something and not just to play for the sake of playing. There is a popular saying "Garbage In, Garbage Out". This is very applicable to learning games.

No comments:

Post a Comment